The Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit will attract thousands of people when it opens on January 22 at the Milwaukee Public Museum. Dr. Nathan Jastram, head of the Theology Department at Concordia University Wisconsin has a special connection to the scrolls. He was one of the few scholars in the world to work directly with the scrolls and to publish a first edition of their contents.
The exhibit explores the archaeological history of the Holy Land through the Scrolls and other biblical artifacts which have shaped the beliefs of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Dr. Jastram is considered an expert on the Dead Sea Scrolls and frequently lectures and writes on the subject matter.
"Many years ago, I worked with the Dead Sea Scrolls in Jerusalem, piecing together fragments of the book of Numbers from Cave 4. On February 5 and 6, it will be a great pleasure to introduce the Milwaukee Public Museum's exhibit of the Scrolls and other archaeological objects to many people in the area, and to discuss how they contribute to our knowledge of the Bible," said Dr. Jastram.
The Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit runs through June 3, 2010. For more information about the exhibit, including dates and prices, log onto http://www.mpm.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- An Evening With Eugene Schulz
- Joseph Klucarich attends 75th Class Reunion
- Fall Remodeling Show Features PBS Chef & Home Improvement Experts
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th