The Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit will attract thousands of people when it opens on January 22 at the Milwaukee Public Museum. Dr. Nathan Jastram, head of the Theology Department at Concordia University Wisconsin has a special connection to the scrolls. He was one of the few scholars in the world to work directly with the scrolls and to publish a first edition of their contents.
The exhibit explores the archaeological history of the Holy Land through the Scrolls and other biblical artifacts which have shaped the beliefs of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Dr. Jastram is considered an expert on the Dead Sea Scrolls and frequently lectures and writes on the subject matter.
"Many years ago, I worked with the Dead Sea Scrolls in Jerusalem, piecing together fragments of the book of Numbers from Cave 4. On February 5 and 6, it will be a great pleasure to introduce the Milwaukee Public Museum's exhibit of the Scrolls and other archaeological objects to many people in the area, and to discuss how they contribute to our knowledge of the Bible," said Dr. Jastram.
The Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit runs through June 3, 2010. For more information about the exhibit, including dates and prices, log onto http://www.mpm.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- JCC ART LAB "LIVING WATERS" ART SHOW OPEN JUNE 4TH
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball