The Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit will attract thousands of people when it opens on January 22 at the Milwaukee Public Museum. Dr. Nathan Jastram, head of the Theology Department at Concordia University Wisconsin has a special connection to the scrolls. He was one of the few scholars in the world to work directly with the scrolls and to publish a first edition of their contents.
The exhibit explores the archaeological history of the Holy Land through the Scrolls and other biblical artifacts which have shaped the beliefs of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Dr. Jastram is considered an expert on the Dead Sea Scrolls and frequently lectures and writes on the subject matter.
"Many years ago, I worked with the Dead Sea Scrolls in Jerusalem, piecing together fragments of the book of Numbers from Cave 4. On February 5 and 6, it will be a great pleasure to introduce the Milwaukee Public Museum's exhibit of the Scrolls and other archaeological objects to many people in the area, and to discuss how they contribute to our knowledge of the Bible," said Dr. Jastram.
The Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit runs through June 3, 2010. For more information about the exhibit, including dates and prices, log onto http://www.mpm.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Acacia Theatre Present "Great Expectations" at Concordia University
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Ozaukee Family Services' Spring Brunch - May 6
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!
- MOMS Club® of Mequon-Thiensville holding on-line auction to benefit Ozaukee Family Services