Does the busyness of life ever get in the way of accomplishing your health, fitness or personal development goals? Do you struggle with your priorities and want to make a change? Do you feel overwhelmed with stress and demands that pull you into many directions? Do you want to feel more whole again? Life is a journey, and like any journey, it is important at times to make sure you are intentional about the direction that you are heading.
A partnership with Samaritan Family Wellness and the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee is offering a new program to help guide adults on their path to wellness. Living Compass is a small group, life coaching program that will offer you a chance to pause and check your “life bearings.” This new program will be offered at the Feith Family YMCA Center, located at 465 Northwoods Road, Port Washington, Wis.
The six session whole-person wellness program will assist you in making the changes you decide are right for you. By combining education and life coaching, the group program works to maximize the success of making positive changes. Research has shown that there is only a 10% chance of change when we simply hear a good idea. There is an 85% chance of success when we generate the idea for change ourselves, make a plan for change, speak the change out load to others, and receive the accountability and support of others who are working on their own positive changes.
The weekly program will be offered on Monday evenings from 7:00 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. and runs from February 15, 2010 through March 22, 2010. The cost is $45 for YMCA members and $55 for community participants. For more information, visit www.ymcamke.org or call (262) 268-9622.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Richmond School & Hillel Academy visit JA Finance Park
- Voting YES on the MTSD referendum is the right thing to do
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Private Wealth Advisor Status
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Acacia Theatre Present "Great Expectations" at Concordia University
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council