Does the busyness of life ever get in the way of accomplishing your health, fitness or personal development goals? Do you struggle with your priorities and want to make a change? Do you feel overwhelmed with stress and demands that pull you into many directions? Do you want to feel more whole again? Life is a journey, and like any journey, it is important at times to make sure you are intentional about the direction that you are heading.
A partnership with Samaritan Family Wellness and the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee is offering a new program to help guide adults on their path to wellness. Living Compass is a small group, life coaching program that will offer you a chance to pause and check your “life bearings.” This new program will be offered at the Feith Family YMCA Center, located at 465 Northwoods Road, Port Washington, Wis.
The six session whole-person wellness program will assist you in making the changes you decide are right for you. By combining education and life coaching, the group program works to maximize the success of making positive changes. Research has shown that there is only a 10% chance of change when we simply hear a good idea. There is an 85% chance of success when we generate the idea for change ourselves, make a plan for change, speak the change out load to others, and receive the accountability and support of others who are working on their own positive changes.
The weekly program will be offered on Monday evenings from 7:00 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. and runs from February 15, 2010 through March 22, 2010. The cost is $45 for YMCA members and $55 for community participants. For more information, visit www.ymcamke.org or call (262) 268-9622.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th
- Newcastle Place announces new Community Life Service Director
- Volunteer Opportunities