Shorewood High School Senior Katelyn Roach's Two Gold Key Awarded Pieces Exhibited at Milwaukee Art Museum
The School District of Shorewood congratulates Shorewood High School Senior Katelyn Roach who received two Gold Key awards in the 2010 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition. She is recognized for her pieces Modern Day Christina and New Age Lobotomy. Both pieces are colored pencil/mixed media.
High School Principal Matt Joynt shared, “I am very excited for Katelyn. She is an extremely talented young artist.” Both of Kateyln’s regional winning artworks will advance to the Scholastic Art Awards National competition along with those from other regions across the country. The National Awards Ceremony will be held in June.
Before they are sent to the national competition, Katelyn’s art work will be included in the Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional exhibition at the Milwaukee Art Museum from February 6-March 21, 2010. The exhibit includes works in 17 media categories selected from 1284 entries by a jury of 24 artists, educators and other art professionals.
The 2010 Competition and exhibit is sponsored by The Milwaukee Art Museum, The Marc & Karen Flesch Memorial Fund, James Heller in memory of Avis Heller, Raymond and Susan Kehm, The Milwaukee Art Museum Docents, James and Carol Wiensch and an anonymous donor.
The District congratulates Katelyn and wishes her luck in the national competition.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Hair cuts for Ayla
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- New Sailor on the Block