MEQUON, WI – The Mequon-Thiensville School District announced today that Ray Curry has resigned from his position as head boys’ basketball coach to concentrate on completing his Master’s Degree.
Mr. Curry has been a boys basketball coach at Homestead for the past ten years, first as junior varsity head coach and beginning in 2005, as head varsity coach. He was a player in the program in the early 1990s.
“Mr. Curry will always be considered a valuable member of the Homestead basketball family. Like many others, I am appreciative of his efforts and hard work over the last ten years,” says Dr. Demond Means, Superintendent of the Mequon-Thiensville School District. “I am aware that Mr. Curry is a well respected leader in the Milwaukee Public Schools and I wish him well as he completes his Master’s Degree in educational leadership. I look forward to learning of Ray’s future accomplishments.”
The school district will begin the search for a new coach after spring break, with the posting timeline for the position running from April 12 until April 30.
“Affectively known as “R.C.”, Mr. Curry’s commitment to Highlander Basketball has been commendable,” said Dr. Means. “I have always been impressed with the strong relationships that Mr. Curry developed with his players. He will be sorely missed.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month