MEQUON, WI – The Mequon-Thiensville School District announced today that Ray Curry has resigned from his position as head boys’ basketball coach to concentrate on completing his Master’s Degree.
Mr. Curry has been a boys basketball coach at Homestead for the past ten years, first as junior varsity head coach and beginning in 2005, as head varsity coach. He was a player in the program in the early 1990s.
“Mr. Curry will always be considered a valuable member of the Homestead basketball family. Like many others, I am appreciative of his efforts and hard work over the last ten years,” says Dr. Demond Means, Superintendent of the Mequon-Thiensville School District. “I am aware that Mr. Curry is a well respected leader in the Milwaukee Public Schools and I wish him well as he completes his Master’s Degree in educational leadership. I look forward to learning of Ray’s future accomplishments.”
The school district will begin the search for a new coach after spring break, with the posting timeline for the position running from April 12 until April 30.
“Affectively known as “R.C.”, Mr. Curry’s commitment to Highlander Basketball has been commendable,” said Dr. Means. “I have always been impressed with the strong relationships that Mr. Curry developed with his players. He will be sorely missed.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures