Terrill Bruett Presents “If Parenting Was Easy, It Wouldn't Begin with Labor” at the Weyenberg Library on April 22
On Thursday, April 22, at 1:00 and 6:30, Dr. Terrill Bruett presents an informational class aimed at new parents at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library. “If Parenting Was Easy, They Wouldn’t Call it Labor,” is an interactive and informative presentation about Dr. Bruett’s experiences and views on parenting. He is a licensed psychologist with over 30 years of experience working with children and families. He is the father of three children and the grandfather of seven.
Dr. Bruett’s presentation provides insights, philosophies and suggestions to make the parenting process easier and more enjoyable. His common sense, tough love (with an emphasis on love), parent-in-charge approach encourages conversation and questions in an open style forum. While children do not come with manuals, he can present a straight forward parenting style that covers the most asked questions. Some of the topics include ‘Common Sense Parenting,’ ‘Parenting Isn’t Easy,’ ‘Unconditional Love,’ and ‘Consistency.’
Dr. Bruett is a licensed psychologist who received a Doctor of Education degree from the University of Georgia. He also has a Master of Science degree in clinical psychology from Marquette University. He has ten years as a school psychologist and 10 years as a clinical director of an outpatient mental health clinic. He currently works with children and adults in private practice, and is the president of Psychological Services, a private consulting group located in Milwaukee.
This presentation is free and open to the public. No advanced registration is required. For more information on this and all Library programs, please visit the library’s website at www.flwlib.org, or call the Library at 262-242-2593, extension 37. The Library is located at 11345 North Cedarburg Road in Mequon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Concordia University Wisconsin to Host 2nd Annual Lake Moon Festival Saturday, Aug. 8
- Mortara Hires Margaret Mucha
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains How to Make an Old Home Shine
- Brown Deer's Night Out for Justice Promotes Safe Community
- Workforce Development Center's Waukesha/Ozaukee Job Fair
- North Shore Bank to Host to Host "Paws and Claws" Event in Mequon on Aug. 8
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project