Donges Bay 5th Grade Teans win 7th & 9th Place in Wisconsin Stock Market Game State Elementary School Division Competition
Mrs. Nancy Vitse's 5th grade class from Donges Bay Elementary School in Mequon has two teams that have finished in the top ten for the elementary school division in the Wisconsin Stock Markey Game ( SMG). This is a 10 Week Stock Market Game and was coordinated by Debra Hansher; paraprofessional at Donges Bay. Team members include: 7th place winning team - Eric Mullins, Anna Lauenstein, Cade Marshall-Bowman, Rachel Botshtein and Alexandra Van Grunsven and 9th place winning team- Zainab Maqsood, Clare Murphy, Tim Allen, Kyle Schneider and Jake Westreich.
Each team started the game with $100,000.00 to invest in stock, bonds, and mutual funds and ended the game with a portfolio valued at $120,457.00 and $117,719.0. Overal, a total of 1,388 teams from across Wisconsin particiapted.
A banquest will be held in honor of the winning team members and their advisor, Debra Hansher, on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at Libiamo Restaurant in Milwaukee. Jim Guenther, President and CEO of Economics Wisconsin, will present certificates, medals and a traveling trophy to the winning team members.
The Stock Market Game helps students learn how to invest in the stock market without using real money. Students manage hypothetical $100,000 investment portfolios as they compete for a trip to New York to tour the New York stock exchange. Even though the Donges Bay teams didn't win a trip to New York , both teams are very pleased to have placed in the top ten. Debra Hansher was very proud of the student's commitment and interest in the game. She looks forward to celebrating with both teams on May 19th.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Art of Wellness Chiropractic's Annual Holiday Food Drive