MOMS Club of Mequon – East Chapter Raised Funds for Local Non-Profit Agency
Ozaukee Family Services received a donation of $570 from the MOMS Club of Mequon – East Chapter. The Moms group hosted a Papa Murphy’s fundraiser to benefit the local non profit agency.
With the current economy and stressful times, the MOMS group understands the demands on families and on non-profits organizations. “We are big supporters of Ozaukee Family Services including its PAT (Parents as Teachers) Program. We are happy to support them because they do so much for the community and what they do fits in well with what we do as a club,” according to Anne Roemke, the MOMS club administrative vice president. “Papa Murphy’s was great to work with as they are incredibly generous and very friendly.”
The Parents as Teachers program Roemke referred to is offered free of charge and assists parents in becoming their child’s best teacher through personalized home visits by trained parent educators. The educators share information on research and provide ideas and activities for stimulating the child’s development to coincide with opportunities for learning. On-going classes and workshops are also available to assist parents with a wide variety of issues. This program is open to all Ozaukee County residents with children from birth to 5 years old.
Ozaukee Family Services, whose mission is improving lives to help families succeed, assists families of all shapes and sizes through a myriad of programs. All programs are free or on a sliding fee scale – no one is ever turned away because of the inability to pay. Last year, Ozaukee Family Services touched the lives of more than 6500 people by providing:
• More than 700 home visits to families in the Parents as Teachers program
• Counseling for suicidal teens or families in crisis
• Rainbows support for children who are having a difficult time adjusting to a death or divorce in their family
• A caring volunteer or professional in the life of someone who has lost hope
• Senior citizens with rides to medical appointments and the grocery store
• Home visits for teens and their babies
• Internet safety and “cyber bullying” education for students
To learn more about the services offered or how you can become involved, contact Ozaukee Family Services at 262.376.7774 or visit www.OzaukeeFamilyServices.org
The Mequon Moms group is part of MOMS (Moms Offering Moms Support) Club International. It is a non profit group that is always accepting new members. To learn more visit www.mequonmomsclub.com or call 262.241.8023 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Concordia to host free workshop for budding entrepreneurs
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!