The Homestead High School 22nd Annual
Choir Benefit Concert
The Homestead Choirs will present their 22nd Annual Benefit Concert on Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 7:00 P.M in the James Barr Auditorium of Homestead High School. The program will feature choral music from the Baroque era. Some of the great names of the era will be featured, including J.S. Bach, G.F. Handel, Monteverdi, Rameau, Purcell, Scarlatti, and a hymn from the American Colonies of this time.
Providing contrast to these composers of "classical" art music, the Homestead choirs will also perform an arrangement of the renowned Handel Hallelujah Chorus in an American gospel style as well as a Camerata performance of a little vocal jazz – "If it ain't Baroque…". The first half of the program will also include a moment to honor the graduating class of 2010 which includes a performance of the choir’s traditional piece Castaway, a work that was specially commissioned for the Homestead High School graduation ceremonies.
Two major works will be featured in the second half of this 2010 Benefit program: the Johann Sebastian Bach motet, Lobet den Herrn and the George Frideric Handel coronation anthem, The King Shall Rejoice. The HHS Choirs will be joined by members of the HHS Chamber Orchestra for these choral-orchestral works.
Tickets are $10 at the door. Proceeds from this concert support the entire choral program, provide numerous enrichment experiences for all HHS choir students, and provide a variety of scholarships for choral students for events within the program as well as for summer music camps. The Benefit funds also assist in bringing professional musicians to work with the Homestead choirs throughout the school year. More information is available through the choir pages on the Homestead High School website http://email.mtsd.k12.wi.us/~rwinnie/.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues