The Homestead High School 22nd Annual
Choir Benefit Concert
The Homestead Choirs will present their 22nd Annual Benefit Concert on Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 7:00 P.M in the James Barr Auditorium of Homestead High School. The program will feature choral music from the Baroque era. Some of the great names of the era will be featured, including J.S. Bach, G.F. Handel, Monteverdi, Rameau, Purcell, Scarlatti, and a hymn from the American Colonies of this time.
Providing contrast to these composers of "classical" art music, the Homestead choirs will also perform an arrangement of the renowned Handel Hallelujah Chorus in an American gospel style as well as a Camerata performance of a little vocal jazz – "If it ain't Baroque…". The first half of the program will also include a moment to honor the graduating class of 2010 which includes a performance of the choir’s traditional piece Castaway, a work that was specially commissioned for the Homestead High School graduation ceremonies.
Two major works will be featured in the second half of this 2010 Benefit program: the Johann Sebastian Bach motet, Lobet den Herrn and the George Frideric Handel coronation anthem, The King Shall Rejoice. The HHS Choirs will be joined by members of the HHS Chamber Orchestra for these choral-orchestral works.
Tickets are $10 at the door. Proceeds from this concert support the entire choral program, provide numerous enrichment experiences for all HHS choir students, and provide a variety of scholarships for choral students for events within the program as well as for summer music camps. The Benefit funds also assist in bringing professional musicians to work with the Homestead choirs throughout the school year. More information is available through the choir pages on the Homestead High School website http://email.mtsd.k12.wi.us/~rwinnie/.
- Just Between Friends Consignment Sale Coming To Ozaukee County
- Doerr Brothers are MCF Honorees
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Hair cuts for Ayla