MEQUON, WI – The Mequon-Thiensville School District announced today that it has narrowed down a competitive group of 27 candidates for Head Boys’ Basketball Coach to five finalists.
“The candidates who applied for the head coaching position were the strongest I have seen in a very long time,” said Dr. Demond Means, Superintendent. “Our five finalists are each highly skilled and experienced. Each of them has a unique talent and quality that has the potential to really energize our Boys’ Basketball program.”
The five finalists are:
Demetri A. Beekman – Former Head Coach at Milwaukee John Marshall High School from 1998-2004, Mr. Beekman played basketball professionally for three years overseas before starting his teaching career with the Milwaukee Public Schools. He also holds a Master’s Degree in educational leadership.
Marquis E. Hines – As the Head Girls’ Coach at Milwaukee Vincent since 2005, Mr. Hines is a three-time state champion. He has also served as an assistant boys coach at Milwaukee Vincent and Messmer High School in Milwaukee. Mr. Hines also holds a Master’s Degree in educational leadership.
Neil O’Connell – Working since 2007 as the Boys’ Basketball Varsity Assistant at Milwaukee Marquette High School, Mr. O’Connell helped lead the Hilltoppers to a final four appearance in the WIAA state tournament this past season. He has previously served as the Assistant Coach at Adams-Friendship High School and, before that, played college basketball at Carthage College and Concordia University Wisconsin.
Timothy S. Schultz – Head Boys’ Basketball Coach at Sheboygan South High School, Mr. Schultz is the two-time Sheboygan Press Area Coach of the Year (2008-2009 and 2009-2010). He has been the Head Coach at Sheboygan South since 2005, and before that was Head Coach at New Holstein High School from 2001-2005. Mr. Schultz was named coach of the year for his conference during the 2002-2003 season.
Davinci Wallace – As Assistant Men’s Coach at Milwaukee School of Engineering since 2000, Mr. Wallace has been the school’s main recruiter. He also served as the Head Boys’ Varsity Coach at Racine Prairie High School from 1998-2000.
Interviews with the five final candidates will take place on Tuesday, June 8, 2010. The results of the process will be released no later than June 14, 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- JCC ART LAB "LIVING WATERS" ART SHOW OPEN JUNE 4TH
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball