Northwestern Mutual Foundation awards ARC of Greater Milwaukee (ARC) $15,000 to provide education and transition planning services to students with developmental disabilities and their families. ARC is grateful to the Northwestern Mutual Foundation and their commitment to the Milwaukee community and individuals with developmental disabilities.
“Northwestern Mutual Foundation is a generous partner in our efforts to assist students with disabilities and their families in accessing information and developing a futures plan as they move toward independence and adult life,” said Vicki Spataro Wachniak, executive director.
ARC’s educational program is a collaborative program that works with students, parents and school districts to provide services including futures planning, educational advocacy and self-advocacy training programs. ARC works with 15 area school districts throughout the greater Milwaukee area, including Milwaukee Public Schools, which has over 19% of their student population enrolled in Special Education programming.
“Services like the ones offered by ARC are especially valuable, because they help kids achieve their full potential,” said Deanna Tillisch, Northwestern Mutual Foundation vice president. “Our partnership helps enable progress, because it provides parents and schools with tools needed to support children with special needs.”
About ARC of Greater Milwaukee
Formed in 1949, ARC of Greater Milwaukee is a non-profit organization devoted to improving the quality of life for individuals with developmental and related disabilities, their families and the community. The organization serves over 5,000 individuals annually through information, education, advocacy and life planning programs.
About the Northwestern Mutual Foundation
The Northwestern Mutual Foundation is the largest corporate giver in the state of Wisconsin. Its mission is to build strong, vibrant communities that serve as a legacy to future generations. The Foundation’s giving is designed to create an impact on the communities where the company’s employees and financial representatives live and work. In fiscal year 2009, the Foundation contributed more than $15 million to nonprofit organizations across the country. Further information can be found at http://www.northwesternmutual.com.
Contact: Jennifer Arenz, Marketing and Development Coordinator
ARC of Greater Milwaukee
7203 West Center Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53210
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- JCC ART LAB "LIVING WATERS" ART SHOW OPEN JUNE 4TH
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23