Northwestern Mutual Foundation awards ARC of Greater Milwaukee (ARC) $15,000 to provide education and transition planning services to students with developmental disabilities and their families. ARC is grateful to the Northwestern Mutual Foundation and their commitment to the Milwaukee community and individuals with developmental disabilities.
“Northwestern Mutual Foundation is a generous partner in our efforts to assist students with disabilities and their families in accessing information and developing a futures plan as they move toward independence and adult life,” said Vicki Spataro Wachniak, executive director.
ARC’s educational program is a collaborative program that works with students, parents and school districts to provide services including futures planning, educational advocacy and self-advocacy training programs. ARC works with 15 area school districts throughout the greater Milwaukee area, including Milwaukee Public Schools, which has over 19% of their student population enrolled in Special Education programming.
“Services like the ones offered by ARC are especially valuable, because they help kids achieve their full potential,” said Deanna Tillisch, Northwestern Mutual Foundation vice president. “Our partnership helps enable progress, because it provides parents and schools with tools needed to support children with special needs.”
About ARC of Greater Milwaukee
Formed in 1949, ARC of Greater Milwaukee is a non-profit organization devoted to improving the quality of life for individuals with developmental and related disabilities, their families and the community. The organization serves over 5,000 individuals annually through information, education, advocacy and life planning programs.
About the Northwestern Mutual Foundation
The Northwestern Mutual Foundation is the largest corporate giver in the state of Wisconsin. Its mission is to build strong, vibrant communities that serve as a legacy to future generations. The Foundation’s giving is designed to create an impact on the communities where the company’s employees and financial representatives live and work. In fiscal year 2009, the Foundation contributed more than $15 million to nonprofit organizations across the country. Further information can be found at http://www.northwesternmutual.com.
Contact: Jennifer Arenz, Marketing and Development Coordinator
ARC of Greater Milwaukee
7203 West Center Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53210
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Acacia Theatre Present "Great Expectations" at Concordia University
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Ozaukee Family Services' Spring Brunch - May 6
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!
- MOMS Club® of Mequon-Thiensville holding on-line auction to benefit Ozaukee Family Services