Northwestern Mutual Foundation awards ARC of Greater Milwaukee (ARC) $15,000 to provide education and transition planning services to students with developmental disabilities and their families. ARC is grateful to the Northwestern Mutual Foundation and their commitment to the Milwaukee community and individuals with developmental disabilities.
“Northwestern Mutual Foundation is a generous partner in our efforts to assist students with disabilities and their families in accessing information and developing a futures plan as they move toward independence and adult life,” said Vicki Spataro Wachniak, executive director.
ARC’s educational program is a collaborative program that works with students, parents and school districts to provide services including futures planning, educational advocacy and self-advocacy training programs. ARC works with 15 area school districts throughout the greater Milwaukee area, including Milwaukee Public Schools, which has over 19% of their student population enrolled in Special Education programming.
“Services like the ones offered by ARC are especially valuable, because they help kids achieve their full potential,” said Deanna Tillisch, Northwestern Mutual Foundation vice president. “Our partnership helps enable progress, because it provides parents and schools with tools needed to support children with special needs.”
About ARC of Greater Milwaukee
Formed in 1949, ARC of Greater Milwaukee is a non-profit organization devoted to improving the quality of life for individuals with developmental and related disabilities, their families and the community. The organization serves over 5,000 individuals annually through information, education, advocacy and life planning programs.
About the Northwestern Mutual Foundation
The Northwestern Mutual Foundation is the largest corporate giver in the state of Wisconsin. Its mission is to build strong, vibrant communities that serve as a legacy to future generations. The Foundation’s giving is designed to create an impact on the communities where the company’s employees and financial representatives live and work. In fiscal year 2009, the Foundation contributed more than $15 million to nonprofit organizations across the country. Further information can be found at http://www.northwesternmutual.com.
Contact: Jennifer Arenz, Marketing and Development Coordinator
ARC of Greater Milwaukee
7203 West Center Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53210
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Just Between Friends Consignment Sale Coming To Ozaukee County
- Doerr Brothers are MCF Honorees
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry