MEQUON, WI – Three District teachers have been honored with the 2010 Teacher Awards from the Mequon-Thiensville Education Foundation.
The awards were given to teachers who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and communication skills, an ability to have a positive impact on students and a willingness to become involved and share their instructional expertise. Recipients have also been dedicated to mentoring both students and colleagues.
“I would like to congratulate the recipients of these awards for their dedication to the students of our District,” said Dr. Demond Means, Superintendent. “This award highlights the great work our teachers do each and every day in the Mequon-Thiensville schools.”
Nita Stiggers, a fifth-grade teacher at Oriole Lane Elementary, received the Range Line Excellence in Teaching Award for her work in preparing students for higher grade levels.
Sixth-grade teacher Megan Bergholz of Lake Shore Middle School was awarded the Middle School Excellence Award, designated for teachers who have excelled at the middle school level.
The Homestead High School Excellence in Teaching Award was given to Barbara Dedrick, a special education teacher. The award honors teachers who have done an exemplary job in helping students prepare for and enter into college.
District staff, students and parents nominated the recipients. The recognized teachers received $1,000.
“These are individuals who have gone above and beyond normal expectations, earning the respect of their students and fellow teachers,” Means said. “I would like to thank the foundation for recognizing their great work.”
The Mequon-Thiensville Education Foundation aims to develop community-wide private and grant-based financial support for the Mequon-Thiensville School District in order to help continued excellence in education. The organization’s Teacher Award committee is made up of Karol Hitt, Tom Price, Pat Hopfensperger, Sheri Kanyer and Susan Malmquist.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th
- Newcastle Place announces new Community Life Service Director
- Volunteer Opportunities