MEQUON, WI – Three District teachers have been honored with the 2010 Teacher Awards from the Mequon-Thiensville Education Foundation.
The awards were given to teachers who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and communication skills, an ability to have a positive impact on students and a willingness to become involved and share their instructional expertise. Recipients have also been dedicated to mentoring both students and colleagues.
“I would like to congratulate the recipients of these awards for their dedication to the students of our District,” said Dr. Demond Means, Superintendent. “This award highlights the great work our teachers do each and every day in the Mequon-Thiensville schools.”
Nita Stiggers, a fifth-grade teacher at Oriole Lane Elementary, received the Range Line Excellence in Teaching Award for her work in preparing students for higher grade levels.
Sixth-grade teacher Megan Bergholz of Lake Shore Middle School was awarded the Middle School Excellence Award, designated for teachers who have excelled at the middle school level.
The Homestead High School Excellence in Teaching Award was given to Barbara Dedrick, a special education teacher. The award honors teachers who have done an exemplary job in helping students prepare for and enter into college.
District staff, students and parents nominated the recipients. The recognized teachers received $1,000.
“These are individuals who have gone above and beyond normal expectations, earning the respect of their students and fellow teachers,” Means said. “I would like to thank the foundation for recognizing their great work.”
The Mequon-Thiensville Education Foundation aims to develop community-wide private and grant-based financial support for the Mequon-Thiensville School District in order to help continued excellence in education. The organization’s Teacher Award committee is made up of Karol Hitt, Tom Price, Pat Hopfensperger, Sheri Kanyer and Susan Malmquist.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month