Saint Francis de Sales Seminary’s seventh annual Pallium Golf Outing and Scholarship Benefit is being supported by many Milwaukee leaders and businesses.
The benefit, founded in 2003, is being chaired this year by local businessman and longtime friend of the Seminary, Kurt Kellogg.
Kellogg is president of Uncle Josh Co., a fishing bait retailer based in Fort Atkinson, Wis. Kellogg and his partners purchased Uncle Josh in 2002, and have overseen Uncle Josh’s acquisition of six other companies since that time. Uncle Josh was founded in 1922.
Joining Kellogg at the Seminary golf benefit is local television personality Portia Young, a reporter and news anchor for WISN-12. Young will emcee the evening program.
Other local business sponsors or donors include: Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare; Zaffiro’s Pizza; T.H. Stemper, Co.; Liturgical Publications, Inc.; Relevant Radio; Cubic Designs, Inc.; Boucher Automotive; Komisar Brady & Co., and Robert W. Baird.
The Pallium Golf Outing and Scholarship Benefit is Monday, July 26, at the Tripoli Country Club, 7401 North 43rd St., Milwaukee. All are welcome to join Seminary supporters for lunch, golf, dinner with silent and live auctions. The event raises funds to support the education of seminarians preparing for the Catholic priesthood.
The Seminary scholarship golf benefit typically raises about $40,000, which is the approximate cost to educate one seminarian for one year. Last year, 64 participants played golf and over 100 more joined them for dinner, bringing the event’s total participation to just under 200 people.
Saint Francis de Sales Seminary is celebrating the ordination of five new priests this year. Thirty-three men are enrolled in the priestly formation program.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues