Saint Francis de Sales Seminary’s seventh annual Pallium Golf Outing and Scholarship Benefit is being supported by many Milwaukee leaders and businesses.
The benefit, founded in 2003, is being chaired this year by local businessman and longtime friend of the Seminary, Kurt Kellogg.
Kellogg is president of Uncle Josh Co., a fishing bait retailer based in Fort Atkinson, Wis. Kellogg and his partners purchased Uncle Josh in 2002, and have overseen Uncle Josh’s acquisition of six other companies since that time. Uncle Josh was founded in 1922.
Joining Kellogg at the Seminary golf benefit is local television personality Portia Young, a reporter and news anchor for WISN-12. Young will emcee the evening program.
Other local business sponsors or donors include: Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare; Zaffiro’s Pizza; T.H. Stemper, Co.; Liturgical Publications, Inc.; Relevant Radio; Cubic Designs, Inc.; Boucher Automotive; Komisar Brady & Co., and Robert W. Baird.
The Pallium Golf Outing and Scholarship Benefit is Monday, July 26, at the Tripoli Country Club, 7401 North 43rd St., Milwaukee. All are welcome to join Seminary supporters for lunch, golf, dinner with silent and live auctions. The event raises funds to support the education of seminarians preparing for the Catholic priesthood.
The Seminary scholarship golf benefit typically raises about $40,000, which is the approximate cost to educate one seminarian for one year. Last year, 64 participants played golf and over 100 more joined them for dinner, bringing the event’s total participation to just under 200 people.
Saint Francis de Sales Seminary is celebrating the ordination of five new priests this year. Thirty-three men are enrolled in the priestly formation program.
- Just Between Friends Consignment Sale Coming To Ozaukee County
- Doerr Brothers are MCF Honorees
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Hair cuts for Ayla