YMCA Camp Minikani will be opening its trails and lakes to community members on Sunday, February 14, from 1-4pm for Winter Recreation Day. As part of this free event, community members will have the chance to strap on snowshoes or cross country skis and explore the trails, slide across the ice during a game of broomball, and even try their hand at ice fishing. Minikani has a limited supply of snowshoes, skis, sleds, broomball and hockey supplies, and ice fishing poles available for use; however, participants are encouraged to bring their own ice skates or other equipment to use on the lakes and trails.
Volunteers from Camp Minikani will be on hand to assist in sizing snowshoes and cross country skis and giving lessons to beginners. To help participants warm up and re-energize after spending time in the snow, hot chocolate, cookies, and plenty of space around a fireplace or campfire will be provided.
Bring family and friends along to spend time together while learning new outdoor activities or enjoying old ones. Winter Recreation Day may also be perfect for anyone still looking for an adventurous (and free) Valentine’s Day date!
YMCA Camp Minikani is located at 875 Amy Belle Road in Hubertus. For directions or more information, contact Allyson Green at (262)-251-9080. YMCA Camp Minikani, part of the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee, is sponsoring Winter Recreation Day as a way to reach out to the surrounding community and support the YMCA’s mission of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. To find out more about YMCA Camp Minikani, visit www.minikani.org.
- Concordia University Hosts Mequon Mayoral Candidate Forum
- Bring your treasures to Show 'n' Tell with Mike Paul
- Newcastle Place to Host Healthy Lifestyle Lecture and Lunch
- Newcastle Place to Host Holiday Craft Bazaar
- Lakeshore Symphonic Band Celebrates 40th Season
- Parenting Classes/Workshops - Most are Free
- Just Between Friends’ West Bend Consignment Sale Starts Wednesday
- Nature's Play Day - a FREE Event for All!
- Concordia University to Host Taping of MPTV/PBS Series Next Avenue on June 16
- Community Volunteer Opportunities