The new EPA standard that Governnor Doyle has put in place (effective April 2010) is yet another job killer.
I was in the process of remodelling my home, getting bids and I had a contractor that said he had to pull out of the bidding process. because with the new law he wouldn't be able to meet the standards of the new law. The fine for not meeting those standards is more than $30,000/day. We are the only state with these stringent standards and no owner opt out.
This job killer keeps me from remodelling, keeps me from purchasing newcabinets, floors and hiring installers for all the work.i
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'How Money Works' is Topic of Presentation at MATC-Mequon May 16
- Ebenezer Child Care Centers Mequon Center Receives Young Star 5-Star Rating and NAC Accreditation
- Newcastle Place Remains at Forefront of Memory Care with Addition of MemoryMinders Program
- MATC Horticulture Club To Hold Plant Sale In May
- Mequon Physician Honored For Leadership In Women's Health
- Glaze Pottery Studio Now In Thiensville
- Mequon Mom Publishes Children's Book Aimed At Helping Kids Bridge The Gap Between Generations
- Flu Shots Available at Ozaukee North Shore Bank Branches On Monday, Oct. 4
- Mequon Elite Sports Club Opens Outdoor Pools
- Ozaukee County’s First Hospital-Based Hospice Residence Opens This Week