MEQUON, WI: On February 25th, Wisconsin Olympians Casey FitzRandolph and Suzy Favor Hamilton will join the students and staff of the Mequon-Thiensville School District to stress the importance of fitness and a healthy diet, through a program called “Movin’ and Munchin’.”
The program, administered by the Department of Public Instruction and sponsored
by the WEA Trust, encourages kids, their families, and public school employees to eat healthy and take part in regular physical activity. Schools that participate in the Movin’ and Munchin’ program are eligible to receive up to $1,000 in awards.
FitzRandolph, a 3-time Olympian, and 2002 gold medalist in 500-meter speed skating, and Favor Hamilton, a 3-time Olympian and holder of 7 U.S. championships and 9 NCAA titles in running, are the honorary chairpersons for the program.
Students from Wilson, Oriole Lane, and Donges Bay Elementary Schools will be in attendance for the “Movin’ and Munchin’” kickoff went on Thursday, February 25, 2010 at Homestead High School. Dr. Demond Means, Superintendent, will emcee the event.
The Mequon-Thiensville School District was chosen as the site of the event because of its enthusiasm and commitment to nutrition and exercise programs for students, staff, and community.
WHEN: Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 9:30 a.m.
WHAT: Movin’ and Munchin’ with Wisconsin Olympians Casey FitzRandolph and Suzy Favor Hamilton
WHERE: Homestead High School Field House
5000 West Mequon Road, Mequon, Wisconsin
- Want to become a U.S. citizen?
- Kettle Moraine Geological Society 54th Annual Show
- Preschool Open House
- Registration starts for ESL classes at MATC Mequon Campus
- Concordia University to hold December commencement ceremony
- Local Dancer Nowakowski Takes Gold Heads to World Irish Dance Championship in Scotland
- Registration planned for ESL Classes at MATC Mequon Campus
- Concordia University Prepares for Spring Commencement May 15 and 16
- Concordia to Host Career Night on its Mequon Campus
- Mequon-Thiensville School District Proposes Four-Year-Old Kindergarten