MEQUON, WI: Mequon School District Superintendent Demond Means today named the two interim directors of the district’s recreation and high-school athletics departments.
As of February 16th, Michael Schoemer will oversee the district’s recreation department. Mr. Schoemer served as the recreation director for the Lake Arrowhead Resort from 2001 to 2004. He was also the recreation supervisor for the City of Delavan Parks and Recreation Department from 2004 until 2006, when he joined the Mequon-Thiensville School District. Mr. Schoemer holds a bachelor’s degree in recreation management from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
“Michael is an experienced recreation professional,” said Demond Means, superintendent. “The department will continue to serve our community well under his direction.”
The district also announced the appointment of John Krueger as interim athletic department director. Mr. Krueger has been a teacher at Homestead since 2000, prior to which he taught elementary and middle school students in the Menomonee Falls School District. Krueger gained a bachelor’s degree from Winona State University in 1994 and a master’s degree in sports administration in 2000. He is also the current head coach of the Girl’s Track and Field team, a position that he will continue to hold while acting as interim athletic director.
“John Krueger is a great fit for the interim athletic director position at Homestead,” said Means. “He understands the community’s expectations and the needs of our student-athletes. It will be a seamless transition for the coaches to work with Mr. Krueger during the spring and summer seasons.”
The search for a candidate to replace Mr. Charlie Gross, the former recreation and athletic director, will begin in March.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Wilma Bonaparte Appointed Vice President for MATC’s Mequon Campus
- Mequon resident among the Award Recipients at Cardinal Stritch University for 2014
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- UW-Parkside announces 2012-2013 Mequon graduate
- Re-elect Mary Cyrier for School Board
- Concordia University Welcomes Students from Shanghai
- Cardinal Stritch University Wolves Athletics to add eight new athletics teams
- Math - There is More to the Story!
- Academic Challenege Winners
- Homestead HIgh School Earns Honors