On the evening of March 2, 2010, Mequon families filled the Donges Bay Elementary school for the Night at the Museum Art Show. This diverse exhibit featured student pieces celebrating art styles including Realism, Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Cubism, The American Art Movement, Pointillism, Expressionism, Pop Art and Abstract Sculpture.
Prior to the exhibit, each student participated in an activity that included learning about a specific art style and artist and then completing a “new masterpiece” honoring the style, artist and/or technique. Students were truly proud of their accomplishments and it certainly showed in all of the smiling faces. A group of fourth grade boys toured the hallway exhibit independently while one stated, "check out my Matisse". Principal Bob Dunning expressed his appreciation for the student talent and the family involvement in the event. Many thanks to the parent volunteers who worked long hours to make this event a reality.
Overall, it was a great night!
- Want to become a U.S. citizen?
- Kettle Moraine Geological Society 54th Annual Show
- Preschool Open House
- Registration starts for ESL classes at MATC Mequon Campus
- Concordia University to hold December commencement ceremony
- Local Dancer Nowakowski Takes Gold Heads to World Irish Dance Championship in Scotland
- Registration planned for ESL Classes at MATC Mequon Campus
- Concordia University Prepares for Spring Commencement May 15 and 16
- Concordia to Host Career Night on its Mequon Campus
- Mequon-Thiensville School District Proposes Four-Year-Old Kindergarten