On the evening of March 2, 2010, Mequon families filled the Donges Bay Elementary school for the Night at the Museum Art Show. This diverse exhibit featured student pieces celebrating art styles including Realism, Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Cubism, The American Art Movement, Pointillism, Expressionism, Pop Art and Abstract Sculpture.
Prior to the exhibit, each student participated in an activity that included learning about a specific art style and artist and then completing a “new masterpiece” honoring the style, artist and/or technique. Students were truly proud of their accomplishments and it certainly showed in all of the smiling faces. A group of fourth grade boys toured the hallway exhibit independently while one stated, "check out my Matisse". Principal Bob Dunning expressed his appreciation for the student talent and the family involvement in the event. Many thanks to the parent volunteers who worked long hours to make this event a reality.
Overall, it was a great night!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Wilma Bonaparte Appointed Vice President for MATC’s Mequon Campus
- Mequon resident among the Award Recipients at Cardinal Stritch University for 2014
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- UW-Parkside announces 2012-2013 Mequon graduate
- Re-elect Mary Cyrier for School Board
- Concordia University Welcomes Students from Shanghai
- Cardinal Stritch University Wolves Athletics to add eight new athletics teams
- Math - There is More to the Story!
- Academic Challenege Winners
- Homestead HIgh School Earns Honors