MEQUON, WI – The Mequon-Thiensville School District announced today that Valerie Schmitz, the District’s Director of Technology, will be leaving the District at the end of June. She will become the Director of Virtual Learning for the Kettle Moraine School District.
“Dr. Schmitz lead the District through the first year of transformation of our technology program that, among other important projects, included the installation of a new phone system and the revamping of the District’s server infrastructure,” said Dr. Demond Means, Superintendent. “While we are sad that she will be leaving the District, I respect her decision to pursue her passion in online learning, virtual learning, and charter schools.”
The Mequon-Thiensville School District is currently developing a new vision for technology with the help of teachers, principals, and District leaders. The vision includes the need to address critical technology infrastructure and to implement new professional development opportunities based on technology integration.
“We thank Dr. Schmitz for all of her efforts on behalf of our schools and our students,” said Means. “While she will be difficult to replace, the District remains committed to transforming how we use technology in every classroom.”
The District will begin the search process to replace Dr. Schmitz immediately.
- Kettle Moraine Geological Society 54th Annual Show
- Preschool Open House
- Registration starts for ESL classes at MATC Mequon Campus
- Concordia University to hold December commencement ceremony
- Local Dancer Nowakowski Takes Gold Heads to World Irish Dance Championship in Scotland
- Registration planned for ESL Classes at MATC Mequon Campus
- Concordia University Prepares for Spring Commencement May 15 and 16
- Concordia to Host Career Night on its Mequon Campus
- Mequon-Thiensville School District Proposes Four-Year-Old Kindergarten
- Dr. Wilma Bonaparte Appointed Vice President for MATC’s Mequon Campus