MEQUON, WI – The Mequon-Thiensville School District has recommended to the Board of Education that Ryan Mangan be hired as the new Athletic and Recreation Director. The Board of Education approved the recommendation on May 17, 2010.
Mr. Mangan is currently the Athletic Director for St. Thomas More High School in Milwaukee. Prior to his tenure at St. Thomas More, he was the District Sports Administrator for the Oregon School District in Oregon, Wisconsin.
Mr. Mangan earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from St. Norbert College, and his Master's degree from the University of Oklahoma. Ryan was the Athletics Career Center Assistant Coordinator at the University of Oklahoma, and later served as the university’s Director of Athletic Scholarships and Financial Aid. While in that role, Mr. Mangan managed a $3 million dollar athletic scholarship budget for over 350 student-athletes. Ryan also worked with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Minor League Baseball Club in Appleton.
“Ryan Mangan is an experienced sports administrator, who has the vision and skill set to lead the athletic program at Homestead High School,” said Dr. Demond Means, Superintendent. “In addition, I believe he has the business acumen needed to supervise our recreation department. Ryan comes highly recommended.”
The hiring of Ryan Mangan comes after an extensive search and review process. In addition to interviews, the District conducted a site visit and over twenty reference checks in the review of Mr. Mangan’s credentials.
“The process that was used to review candidates was extremely thorough,” said Means. “Based on this review, we are confident that Mr. Mangan is the right person for the job.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Wilma Bonaparte Appointed Vice President for MATC’s Mequon Campus
- Mequon resident among the Award Recipients at Cardinal Stritch University for 2014
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- UW-Parkside announces 2012-2013 Mequon graduate
- Re-elect Mary Cyrier for School Board
- Concordia University Welcomes Students from Shanghai
- Cardinal Stritch University Wolves Athletics to add eight new athletics teams
- Math - There is More to the Story!
- Academic Challenege Winners
- Homestead HIgh School Earns Honors