MEQUON, WI – The Mequon-Thiensville School District today announced that Mr. Marquis Hines has been named the new head boys’ basketball coach for Homestead High School.
Mr. Hines has been the head girls’ basketball coach at Milwaukee Vincent High School since December 2005. While he was head coach of that program, Vincent won three state championships.
Prior to coaching the Vincent girls’ team, Hines was a varsity assistant coach for the boys’ basketball program at that school. Mr. Hines has also served as a varsity assistant coach at Messmer and Dominican High Schools.
“We are excited that someone of Mr. Hines’ qualifications and knowledge has accepted the role of head boys’ basketball coach at Homestead” said Dr. Demond Means, Superintendent. “It is rare to have the opportunity to hire someone with such a rich basketball pedigree.”
Mr. Hines was an exceptional player at Milwaukee Dominican High School and went on to the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, where he was coached by Dick Bennett. In addition to being a talented coach, Mr. Hines is a dedicated and well-respected elementary school teacher in the Milwaukee Public Schools.
“Mr. Hines brings instant creditability to the Homestead High School boys’ basketball program and I am confident that he will build up the youth program and lead a talented group of returning student-athletes to great success,” said Means. “We are optimistic about the future of Homestead basketball under Mr. Hines’ leadership.”
Mr. Hines replaces Mr. Ray Curry, who resigned as head coach of the boys’ basketball program this spring.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- UW-Parkside announces 2012-2013 Mequon graduate
- Re-elect Mary Cyrier for School Board
- Concordia University Welcomes Students from Shanghai
- Cardinal Stritch University Wolves Athletics to add eight new athletics teams
- Math - There is More to the Story!
- Academic Challenege Winners
- Homestead HIgh School Earns Honors
- Milwaukee Washington HS - Celebrating 100 Years
- Mequon-Thiensville ACT Scores Remain High in 2011