Members of the MAC DOWELL CLUB OF MILWAUKEE presented the third concert of its 100th season on Sunday afternoon, the 10th of January, in Cardinal Stritch University's
Nancy Kendall Theater. Pictured following her outstanding performances of Rachmaninov and Chopin Preludes is Mequon's MARY ELLEN VERONA BURRESCIA.
The program opened with a group of lieder by Louis Spohr sung by SALLY LANE SCHWARZ of Menomonee Falls, assisted by pianist SHANTI DAYA of Brookfield and clarinetist DAN ROBERDEAU of Wauwatosa.
JOAN ROONEY of Port Washington performed a group of violin solos accompanied by
SR. MARION VERHAALEN of Milwaukee who also arranged and accompanied two interesting works for flute performed by Bay View flutist ANA DE LA CUESTA GERLACH.
For this concert, entitled "Performer's Choice", Shorewood's DONNA SHRINER chose
"The Confession Stone" (Songs of Mary), a moving song-cycle for mezzo-soprano. At the piano for this stunning performance was Milwaukee native, MONICA VERONA,
a guest performer visiting from New York City.
The Club's next concert will be "Organist's Choice" at 3 o'clock, Sunday afternoon, the 21st of February. It will be held in the exquisite chapel of the Saint Joseph Center located at 1501 South Layton Boulevard (just south of Greenfield Avenue). Although donations are always welcome, MacDowell Club concerts are free and the public is
most cordially invited to attend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Young Cedarburg resident performs in First Stage’s PINKALICIOUS THE MUSICAL
- Young Mequon resident performs in First Stage’s PINKALICIOUS THE MUSICAL
- Acacia Theatre Presents "Heaven Sent" at Concordia University
- Concordia University Presents: Almost, Maine
- Young Mequon Resident To Appear in First Stage World Premiere Play
- Mequon 12-year-old in The Rep's A Christmas Carol Ensemble
- Mequon 10-year-old in The Rep's A Christmas Carol
- Mequon 13-year-old in The Rep's A Christmas Carol
- Milwaukee Area Messiah Community Chorus and Orchestra to Present Handel's Messiah at Two Area Churches this Holiday Season
- Marcus Theatres to Show "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" in High Frame Rate 3D at Area Theatres